Standard Bib with Rib Knit Face Opening
Particulate coverage includes entire head except for Sure‑Fit™ panel at crown. Front and back bib extends particulate barrier coverage beyond critical areas as identified by NFPA – Maximum Protection. UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition. Certification to the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition Option for Particulate Protection – Current Edition. EN13911: 2017.
Quilted composite durable water resistant finish on exterior layer of jersey knit with Nomex® Nano Flex particulate barrier between the inside layer of jersey knit. Averages 96% particulate efficiency for particulates between 0.1 and 1.0 microns. PGI quilted BarriAire composite fabrics recently achieved Viral Filtration Efficiency (VFE) Rating of 96.8% and Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) Rating of 97.9% (as conducted by Nelson Labs, U.S.A.). NFPA 70E Hazard Risk Category 4.
- Proprietary PGI gold FR fabric for excellent heat, flame and thermal resistance with superior tensile and tear strength for longer wear life.
- BarriAire Gold Hoods combine an outer layer of PGI proprietary gold FR fabric and an inner layer of ultra‑lightweight, DuPont™ Nomex® Nano Flex fabric, which can inhibit penetration of many small size harmful particles.
- PGI quilted BarriAire composite fabrics recently achieved Viral Filtration Efficiency (VFE) Rating of 96.8% and Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) Rating of 97.9%.*
- Lightweight with exceptional breathability, weight similar to hoods without a particulate barrier.
- Unlike laminated PTFE barrier hoods, BarriAire™ Gold Hoods are quiet and allow excellent hearing. Laminated PTFE hoods are annoyingly loud making a crackle noise with virtually every movement, adversely affecting communication in situational awareness.
- Uniquely quilted to stabilize and enhance particulate barrier durability.
- Exceeds industry standards of blocking 90 percent of particles between 0.1 and 1.0 microns in size.
- Inner fabric engineered to wick moisture from skin, through fabric, to outer shell where it evaporates for a drier more comfortable experience.
- Outer shell fabric features a proprietary DWR finish which allows hood to dry 2x‑3x faster than non-treated fabrics, reduces build‑up of toxic residue that is easily absorbed by non-treated fabrics and enhances the release of contaminates during washing.
- Built-in stretch and recovery, to better conform to the head and neck for true one size fits all sizing.
- Attractive gold color allows you to detect when the hood’s soiled and needs cleaning.
- Fabric is inherently static resistant.
- Generous cut with a little “ease” built into the design so the hood doesn’t fit skin tight — creates a layer of air between the hood and head which improves thermal resistance from flame and heat.
- Stronger, less bulky stitching — all sewing and quilting done with CRAQ SPUN® meta‑aramid thread.
- Extra-long length (23") front and back, ensures hood stays tucked‑in even after laundry shrinkage.
- UL Certified thermal patch label facilitates tracking and identification through barcoding, sequential numbering and personalization.
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting — Current Edition.
- Certification to the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition Option for Particulate Protection — Current Edition.
- NFPA 70E Hazard Risk Category 4 with an ATPV of 46 cal/cm2.
- EN13911: 2017.
- *As conducted by Nelson Labs, U.S.A.